Thursday, May 13, 2010

An ATC A Day - Day 3

Day 3 of my ATC challenge and I chose to play with this exquisite RW Laser Cuts ATC Miniature feather. I just love the design of this feather. Now when I think feathers...I think BIRDS!! Pretty obvious really...



I found this gorgeous image of a bird's nest on a sheet of Heartwarming Vintage images. These vintage images sheets are SO perfect for ATCs. First I stuck down some cream mesh ribbon on a patterned paper base, stuck the nest image on top and applied Crackle Accents over the surface. Once dry and nicely crackled, I added a little bird from the same sheet of vintage images, added a quote and some German Scraps that I had rubbed Antique Linen Distress Ink into.

For the feather, I applied a tiny amount of PVA Glue over the surface, rubbing it in with my fingertip and allowed it to become slightly tacky. Then I used 'Joss' paper to apply some gold to the feather. I finished it off by rubbing in the Antique Linen Distress Ink and then adding it to the ATC so that it was cradling the nest.

See you tomorrow ATCers.

Belinda

No comments: