Wednesday, May 12, 2010

An ATC A Day - Day 2

Hi All

Welcome to Day 2 of my ATC's. Today I could not resist playing with this adorable little teapot. At first I thought I would make an Alice in Wonderland ATC. Wouldn't it be just perfect for a Mad Hatter's Tea Party? However.....


....I came across some Heartwarming Vintage images which had the 'Dear Mother' tag. I matched it up with some broderie anglaise, some Do Crafts Papermania patterned paper and a cameo image cut from some K & Co patterned paper.

For the teapot itself, I first used a flourish stamp and stamped the image onto the teapot with Distress Embossing Ink. I quickly sprinkled with UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) and set with a heat gun. Next I rubbed in Shabby Shutters Distress Ink using a sponge applicator before finishing off by drowning it in Marshmallow Glimmermist. See these little beauties can take quite a battering!! LOL

Thanks for looking and I hope I'll see ya tomorrow. I'm off to make a few more ATCs. YIPPEE!!

Belinda
PS: Sorry about the shadows on the photo! Wrong time of day to be taking photos!

No comments: