Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mixing It Up with Kaiser

Hi scrappers!!

It's been awhile so I thought I'd better hurry up and share a layout with you all. It's not that I have been slack...,just busy!! Sorry!! I shall try to do better. I promise.

The layout I have to share is one I completed using a sketch from page 12 of the FREE KaiserCraft Workshop Magazine. First I had to get my head around using so many photos on the one layout!! Once I had chosen the photos it was just a matter of finding the right papers. I have found that you can easily match papers from various Kaiser Collections. You don't have to stick to just the one range for your layout. So for this one I chose some Le Chateau as well as some Devonshire and the gorgeous soft colours look really good together...



The mock flowers were made by cutting various size circles from Kaiser pattern paper. I distressed the edges of each with an edge distresser, then scrunched them up tightly, flattened out again slightly before layering together. Then I painted some Crackle Accents over the top using a paintbrush. Once they were completely dry and nice and crackly I topped each one with a Kaiser Up, Up and Away chipboard button which I had tied up with jute.

The leaves were created by stamping some Jungle Bug leaf stamps onto leftover scraps of Kaiser paper, scrunching them up, flattening out again and then painting with Crackle Accents as per the flowers. This gives them a lovely curled up look just like a real leaf.

I have also used the Up, Up and Away flourish stamp, stamped a few times onto Kaiser paper and then cut out the individual flourishes. I finished with a few stamped Up, Up and Away hot air balloons as well as the chipboard ones and some rub ons.

Hope you like it. Don't forget to check out the FREE KaiserCraft Workshop Magazine available instore for some more great sketches and inspiration.

Back soon with another share.

Cheers
Belinda

No comments: